And so this week we were treated to Agents of SHIELD's tie-in to Thor: The Dark World! Was this an episode worthy of the god of thunder? Or did it just plain flounder?
And the biggest question: is Agents of SHIELD living up to its cinematic roots?
Ben and Daniel talk about this episode and it's place both in the series and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
* Episode 9, “Repairs,” will feature Melinda Mae prominently.
* Episode 10, “The Bridge,” is a cliffhanger, according to Chloe Bennett (warning — there are annoying ads pop ups): http://www.mstarz.com/articles/21906/20131119/chloe-bennet-reveals-darker-agents-of-shield.htm
* The head of the Jessica Jones Netflix series has been announced: Melissa Rosenberg, who has written for Dexter, the Twilight movies, Birds of Prey, and an undeveloped Jessica Jones series: http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/melissa-rosenberg-to-shepherd-marvels-jessica-jones-series-for-netflix/
* From the opening to the end credits, this is about Asgard.
* Thor sort of appears in this episode, and casts a big shadow over it!
* Dr. Randolph has a secret, and flips the plot for us at the halfway point.
* This is Ward's turn to shine, Brett Dalton does a great job, and we get a look into his past!
* Melinda May is off the bus and kicking butt!
* And we actually get to Tahiti! It IS a magical place.
As usual, we have some awesome feedback from the best listeners around!
Thanks for listening!
What did you think?
- Email Feedback@WelcometoLevelSeven.com (audio files welcome)
- Call (775) 5-LEVEL-7 (775-553-8357)
- Comment on the shownotes
Help us out!
- Share this post in your social networks
- Subscribe and leave a rating and review in iTunes
- Shop using our Amazon.com affiliate link